SCCHS is accepting applications through July 30th, 2018.
Position: The St. Croix County Historical Society has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director at the Octagon House Museum. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is interested in making a positive impact and sharing local history.
Hours: This is a part-time position that extends year-round, however the work schedule varies seasonally. An average of approx. 15-20 hours per week and includes many weekends. The tour season is May thru October and December. Tour hours are Fridays thru Sundays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Museum décor is set up in March, April and November.
This position requires someone with “people” skills for duties as a tour guide and working with volunteers, as well as general office and computer skills.
The Assistant Director assists the Museum Director with these typical duties:
- Open/close Museum, greet visitors and conduct tours of the museum complex;
- Maintain operational reports, recording admissions and gift shop sales;
- Schedule, train and foster good relationships with volunteers;
- Promote and schedule group tours and school tours;
- Assume a leadership role on planning and executing special events;
- Assist with museum décor theme development and execution;
- Serve as a representative of the museum in the community;
- Perform other duties as determined by the Director and the Board.
Required Materials: Please submit Historical Society Employment Application by Monday, July 30th.
After completing the application, please save it in Microsoft Word (doc) format or PDF format. The saved file can then be emailed to Octagon@StCroixCountyHistory.org. The applications can also be downloaded, filled in, printed and then mailed to St. Croix County Historical Society, 1004 3rd Street, Hudson WI 54016.
It is the policy of St. Croix County Historical Society to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability. No questions on this application is used for purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.