SCCHS is accepting applications through May 14, 2018.
Position: The St. Croix County Historical Society has an immediate opening for a Museum Director at the Octagon House Museum. We are looking for a dynamic leader who is passionate about making a positive impact and sharing local history.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and conduct tours of the Octagon House museum complex;
- Maintain operational reports, recording admissions and gift shop sales;
- Schedule, train and foster good relationships with volunteers;
- Promote and schedule group tours and school tours;
- Assume a leadership role on planning and executing special events;
- Lead museum décor theme development and execution;
- Serve as a representative of the museum in the community;
- Serve as liaison to the St. Croix County Historical Society Board.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Board.
Hours: This is a part-time salary position that extends year-round, however the work schedule varies seasonally. An average of 15 hours per week and includes weekends. The tour season is May thru October and December. Tour hours are Fridays thru Sundays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
There is potential for additional hours for the perfect candidate. Someone who is a great a “people” person, as well as having strong bookkeeping, office administration, and computer skills.
For more details view the Museum Director Job Description.
Required Materials: Please submit Historical Society Employment Application by Monday, May 14th.
It is the policy of St. Croix County Historical Society to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability. No questions on this application is used for purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.